Thursday, January 10, 2008

Web lecture#1

I found critical approaches to organization, especially “workplace surveillance,” interesting because it seems like such organizations do not trust their employees or they follow theory X management style.

I think most people do not prefer to be monitored all the time, but they need to be directed if they have theory X behavior.

Though, if organization uses workplace surveillance, their employees cannot like their work place because they are under theory X management style, which is usually for people who dislike of work.

I’m not sure whether I can connect theory X and workplace surveillance together, but their concepts look similar. Well, I think organization can effectively use theory X management style when they also use workplace surveillance by computer systems.

I have never worked at this kind of organization, so I can’t talk about their productivity. But it’s hard for me to imagine their productivity becomes better because employees would get too much stress. In my personal opinion, this style can be used only when all employees cannot perform well in theory Y management style.

No comments: